Tuesday 30 July 2024

An assortment of notes from the psalms

Here are some of the notes I've been making as I've studied the Psalms (but haven't posted until now)

21.7.24

 “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

God has always had us covered. He formed us. Our inward parts. And he covered us. Wow. This refers not only metaphorically but also literally. The internal organs form and then over time the layers of skin form. Gods plans for us are amazing. We don’t always understand them but I guess we can’t comprehend just how vast His thoughts for us are. 

“How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

God you know where things are right now. I trust in you. You are the ultimate weaver of people. 

Love you so much
Amen 

22.7.24

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:23-24‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Anxieties. Don’t I know it. It’s been something I have been struggling with at times over the last few years. Presenting themselves in different ways. I love how in this scripture the writer is inviting God to try him out so that God will know his anxieties. These anxieties are in our hearts. I think what he’s saying is for God to check out what’s going on. Maybe just as a doctor would examine ones heart. Check out if there’s anything going on there that would indeed cause you to be anxious. Sort the actual causes from the imagined ones. 
This scripture is reminding me to ask God about what’s going on in my heart, especially when I’m too overwhelmed or maybe even blinded by what’s happening to or around me to realise. It’s saying go to Him. He’ll be able to show you what’s up and if there’s anything that’s hindering your walk with Him. Lord thank you for loving me/us so much that no matter how big or small, you’ve got us. You’ve got us covered. You’ve got us when we need your revelation. 

“You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

You have us covered and under that covering you allow me to just cast those anxieties unto you and remind me that much of the things I worry about is not from you. You affirm to me that I can trust in you. 

Thank you Lord. Bless you heaps xxx

23.7.24
“But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭1:2-3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Such a great reminder of dwelling in His word. Consistently meditating on it day and night. Plant me by your river of life. Let it flow over and through me. I pray that in the seasons to come the fruits of my prayer life, my relationship and dependence on God will be there for my loved ones and the generations to come. Thank you for your word Lord. May it be blessed unto my body, your body- your people forever and ever. Amen🥰

24.7.24

““I will declare the decree: The LORD has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth for Your possession.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭2:7-8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ 

Get up. Stand and take your place. The Lord has given His children the nations as our inheritance, and everywhere on earth to take possession. 

zzzzzzz
25.7.24
As I wrote this I must have then laid down and snoozed. I’m not sure if that was a caution to me to take heed of what God is prompting me to think about or just the fact that I was really tired. Probably both I imagine. 

In this psalm the writer is talking about the state of the world, what’s going on in the nations and in peoples hearts. But then it implores the reader to know their place and more importantly who has placed them and for what purpose. The psalm concludes: 

“Serve the LORD with fear, And rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, And you perish in the way, When His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭2:11-12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

A recent conference message was about not just loving God, but also fearing Him. Fearing meaning having reverence for Him. 

Lord I trust you. Continue to help me leave my trust in you as I put it there. Sometimes I can get distracted and downhearted but you Lord remind me of who I am in you. Thank you for your reminder that as I revere you- as I look upon and gaze at your face/at your word, you reveal yourself- all you are and all I am and can be, and I am home. 
Amen

27.3.24
“But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head. I cried to the LORD with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah

The psalmist cries out to God about the persecution he is receiving from those around him. And then there's that good ole BUT. But, You O LORD are a shield....He acknowledges that despite all that is going on around him and against him. None of that matters because he is saved, and he is God's own. God protects us. He is the one that lifts up our head, to not be defeated but to walk tall in the full knowledge that he hears our cries, his listens to us from on high and His blessings are upon us. His people.

Salvation belongs to the LORD. Your blessing is upon Your people. Selah”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭3:3-4, 8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

God you are our salvation. We belong to you o Lord. Thank you for your blessing upon us. May you be blessed always.
Amen xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment