Tuesday 30 July 2024

Psalm 4

 I'm really enjoying studying God's word. Like just being with God as he illuminates various aspects of scripture, like he's just pointing out things specifically for me as his child. Things he wants me to know, to learn. Things he wants me to really take a hold of for my own good. It's like He's just so happy to have me back exploring all that He has in store for me. I'm sorry Lord for not being there when you were so patiently waiting for me. I hope the wait is worth it (You are worth it I can hear him saying to me). You are worth it Lord. You are worthy, full stop! 

Anyway, Psalm 4....

...Mediate within your heart on your bed, and be still.

...Put your trust in the Lord

...You have put gladness in my heart

...I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;

...For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety

These words bring me great comfort and speak directly to where I am at right now. I'm on my bed, sitting here meditating on all that He is teaching me in His word. He keeps prompting me to put my trust in Him. It is God who has actually put gladness in my heart. It's there. I don't have to strive or seek it outside of myself. It is God himself who has placed that gladness right into my heart. Like a surgeon who has extracted the old valve that was sad and tired, and replaced it with a glad and fresh one. I love how he says I will lie down in peace and sleep, especially because this has been an aspect of my wellbeing that has suffered at times- just getting to sleep and not ruminating on all sorts of things as I'm trying to wind down each day. And finally, it's good to acknowledge that it is God, and God only that makes me dwell in safety...in the safety of His arms, His presence, His covering. 

Lord, thank you for the psalmist who so beautifully captured your heart- for Him, for your people, and for me. 

Amen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment