Tuesday 12 January 2016

How to live a beautiful life

2016. I haven't formally recorded my goals for this year. They include things like Aimee's wedding, finishing my Mindlab Course, various projects for school, health and wellbeing...but I'm not really going to write about that here at this point in time. The relevance of mentioning these things is that so far this year, God's been showing me about BEAUTY. Something He showed me at the end of last year was...when we look at something of beauty, there's complexity in the creation and existence of that beauty. Beauty is when that complexity seems so easy, simple, and we think that it just is. But there is creation behind that simplicity. Complexity behind that simplicity. And that is what makes it all the more beautiful. It got me thinking about beauty and the thought of 'How to live a beautiful life' came into my mind. All this year, God's been showing me that in the complex web of activity, living, life, experiences, however you put it...beauty is within and beyond that.
I thought to myself...am I living a beautiful life. One thing I know is it sure is complex. Complicated. And sometimes I can't make any sense of it. But I know that God in His infinite wisdom and goodness...He makes things beautiful.
I know He has more to show me about this beautiful life. I'm encouraged that He has made me perfect, and He will continue to perfect me. Or in other words, He has beautifully made me, and will continue to bring out His beauty in me. As the psalmist said "He has fearfully and wonderfully made me, this I know full well".
I will continue to meditate on this word. And of course enjoy the beauty of His blessings, and those to come.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment