Tuesday 6 September 2016

Saved

I just wanted to write something
But I didn’t know what
And I didn’t know how

There it sat
Not dormant
Just bubbling away
Below the surface

How do you squash down
Suffocation or at least attempts to
Past the tears
Until your throat fills with silence
And your chest expands and then shrivels

And it reaches the pit of your stomach
Paralyses you to the soles of your feet
Where you can no longer walk where your mind goes
Or talk where your heart is at
And darkness falls over your eyes, around your shoulders
And you are lost
For words
For who
You were

I wanted to hear something
But I didn’t know what
And I didn’t know who
And I didn’t know how
And I didn’t know you

But you did

You knew what I needed to say
What I needed to hear

You knew what

You knew who

You knew how

And I came to know you

Amen



  

No comments:

Post a Comment